Submit Your IDEA
Notre Dame students are able to submit their invention ideas to the IDEA Center. A Venture Coach will come alongside the student providing resources, possible funding, and assistance in developing a path to success. Once commercial viability has been determined, students will have an incredible set of tools at their disposal...taking their idea from a concept to a reality.
To begin the process, click the link below and answer the following questions:
- What is your name?
- What is your class level?
- Which college are you currently enrolled in?
- What is the tentative name of your idea/venture?
- Give a one sentence summary of your idea.
- What is your Notre Dame email address?
Once your idea has been submitted and reviewed the Student Venture Coach will invite you to login and create an account via the Inventor Portal. This account will enable you to:
- Complete and submit your invention disclosure online
- View the status of invention disclosure submitted through the Inventor Portal
- View a list and status of any agreements executed in relation to each disclosure
- View a list and status of any patents/applications filed in relation to each disclosure
Read our Inventor Portal User Guide for a detailed walkthrough of how to disclose an invention electronically.