The IDEA Center’s Student Entrepreneurship staff and startup coaches are here to help you on your entrepreneurial journey and can guide you to a variety of opportunities, regardless of whether you already have a company or product idea.
The IDEA Center’s Student Entrepreneur Pre-Accelerator
Once you have submitted your idea and are benefiting from all the IDEA Center has to offer you, your ultimate goal as a Notre Dame student entrepreneur will be to apply here for acceptance into the IDEA Center’s Student Entrepreneur Pre-Accelerator. Our 6-week Pre-Accelerator is offered twice during each semester, and provides student entrepreneurs with the training and resources they need to grow their business, structure, accountability, and access to a community of fellow student entrepreneurs.
Student entrepreneurs who are accepted into the IDEA Center's Pre-Accelerator will:
- participate in weekly programs/meetings and office hours,
- have the opportunity to pitch their idea to business leaders for feedback and connections -- this is called a LaunchLab pitch,
- present their company to potential investors during Demo Day (held at the end of the program).
Here is the schedule for Fall 2020:
- Cohort 1 runs August 24 to October 2; Application deadline: August 19
- Cohort 2 runs October 5 to November 13; Application deadline: September 30
This platform will help you connect with other interested students. Complete and submit this form if you are a:
- McCloskey Competition Team Leader looking for students to join your team,
- student wanting to join a McCloskey Competition team,
- Student Founder looking for students to join your startup team, or
- student wanting to join a student startup team.
We will be in touch!
Mentoring and Networking
Your Startup Coach and the IDEA Center staff can connect you with the outstanding Notre Dame alumni network, as well as industry experts, mentors and other advisors you will need to succeed.
Home to the IDEA Center, Innovation Park is the University of Notre Dame’s facility for entrepreneurship. Productive collisions between entrepreneurs and inventors, students and investors, and subject matter experts and University staff routinely take place.
The IDEA Center’s Innovation Lab
The Innovation Lab helps students translate their ideas into tangible products and its staff would love to help move your dreams from concept to reality. Contact Director Matt Leevy, or stop by anytime. The Lab’s door is always open!