1st Source Bank Commercialization Award
Important Notice (July 27, 2020)
There will not be a 1st Source Commercialization Award in 2020. The next award date is anticipated for late spring 2021. More details to follow in late 2020/early 2021. All submissions received thus far and received after this announcement will be counted for the 2021 award.
1st Source Bank has created the 1st Source Commercialization Award to annually recognize Notre Dame and Indiana University School of Medicine South Bend faculty for exceptional research discoveries and the role they have played in supporting the translation of these discoveries into marketable products and/or services.
- Candidates for Commercialization Grant support must be faculty.
- Potential commercialization outcomes must be materially influenced by the inclusion of intellectual property, copyrights, or other creative works emerging from faculty and by direct contributions or involvement of the faculty member, research scientist, or engineer.
- The application should outline the extent to which the commercialization activities advance the teaching, research, and engagement objectives of the University.
- The application should outline the extent to which the commercialization activities contribute, in rank order, to the economy and culture of the Michiana region, the State of Indiana, the USA, and to other nations and societies of the world.
- The application should outline how the innovation(s) will be or were brought to market.
Nominations may be submitted by any third party. Self-nominations are allowed.
Product/Service-specific documents will be accepted. Supporting research papers, business plans, etc. are discouraged.
2019: Jaroslaw Nabrzyski & Ian Taylor, Research Professor, Computer Science and Engineering, University of Notre Dame
2018: Mike Bean, Athletic Trainer, University of Notre Dame
2017: Nitesh V. Chawla, Frank M. Freimann Professor of Computer Science and Engineering
2016: Gary H. Bernstein, Frank M. Freimann Professor of Electrical Engineering
2015: Joel Urbany, Professor, Department of Marketing
2014: W. Matthew Leevy, Research Associate Professor, Department of Biological Sciences
2013: Hsueh-Chia Chang, Bayer Professor, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, and Bayer Professor, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
2012: Tim Ovaert, Professor, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
2011: Peter Kogge, Ted H. McCourtney Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering and Concurrent Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, and Jay Brockman, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, and Concurrent Associate Professor, Department of Engineering Electrical
For any questions relating to the 1st Source Bank Commercialization Award or Dinner, please contact Jesse Vogel - Events, Program Manager IDEA Center, firstname.lastname@example.org