Calling all Community Members, Notre Dame, Saint Mary's, and Holy Cross students!
Are there problems you want to solve, but don't know how?
Ecommerce, apps, tech and software, entertainment & community, health care, climate change, medicine... if you have an idea, this event is for you.
- SEPTEMBER 17th (Part I) ZOOM 7:00-9:00PM In this two-part event, we'll coach you on how to break down the problem you've identified into its core parts. After that, we'll help you set forth a solution that addresses real needs.
- SEPTEMBER 24th (Part II) ZOOM 7:00-9:00PM Teams ready to pitch ideas will be competing for cash prizes, get feedback from judges, refine their pitch decks, and present.
- Ability to gather information through research and conversations for a problem area of interest
- Ability to synthesize the gathered information into a few areas that present opportunities for innovation
- Understanding of how to define a user segment and an unmet need
- Ability to identify current solutions, their shortcomings, and the barriers to addressing those shortcomings
- Ability to define economic value of meeting the need
- Ability to generate multiple solution ideas to address the unmet need, gather feedback, and iterate
- Human-centered design principles
- Gathering research and finding contradictions in the market
- User segments and unmet needs
- Current solutions analysis
- Defining economic value
- Brainstorming solutions and business models
- Taking next steps
- Questions + Work Time
Don't have an idea, but want to be part of a team? Now's the time. Come for both parts to be part of this hands-on experience.
Cosponosored by the IDEA Center and Elevate Ventures/Start-up South Bend/Elkhart