Round 1 Requirements
McCloskey Round 1 Submission will consist of a power point Slide Deck presentation and a 3 minute (maximum) video presentation. Submission is due 5pm EST on October 25th. Please see below for details:
1. Utilize this Google Slide Deck to create your own 10 slide presentation deck. When completed, save as a Power Point Slide file (ppt.) and upload to the appropriate submission area.
Highlighted topics will be
- TITLE/ OVERVIEW: Provide a brief description of your venture. Use very simple terms and avoid “jargon” – keep it simple and direct, simply describe your venture.
- TEAM: Tell us how your team is the right team to be a part of this venture
- PROBLEM/OPPORTUNITY: Demonstrate the problem you are trying to solve
- SOLUTION: Demonstrate how your solution will solve the problem
- COMPETITION: Demonstrate understanding of top competitors, what is unique about your venture
- BUSINESS MODEL: How will you make money? How will you grow? How will you find the money to start and run this venture?
- MARKETING & SALES: Who are your customers? How will you reach them? Have you tested the market in any way, or done any research?
- TRACTION & PROJECT MILESTONES: What have you done with previous investments? What are milestones with customers and partners? Traction and progress made?
- ND FORCE FOR GOOD/SOCIAL IMPACT: How will the world be a better place because of your new business venture? What is your social, humanitarian and/or environmental impact?
- CHALLENGES: What do you anticipate being your most significant challenges and/or obstacles? How will you address these challenges?
2. A simple 3 minute maximum video pitch is required. We suggest paring down your above pitch deck if utilizing this and cover the highlights. We suggest that you follow these pointers:
CONTENT: This is your opportunity to show the judges your best “elevator pitch.”
- Introduce yourself and describe the problem – share your IDEA. Convince those watching that this is a clear and compelling problem.
- Clearly articulate your proposed business SOLUTION. Convince those watching that you have a unique solution to the problem you’ve identified above.
- Convince viewers that this idea could attract INVESTORS and become a thriving, sustainable business.
- Convince us of the potential IMPACT you will make if your proposed venture addresses a social and/or environmental problem.
FORMAT: This is a simple video that can be done using your phone or mobile device. No fancy gimmicks or props, no animation, no special effects are required: simply convince the judges that this is a valid business solution, a business idea worthy of consideration. Have fun with the video – don’t stress out! Be spontaneous and relaxed, not scripted.
Best Practices: 1)Upload your video to YouTube and then copy and paste the link into the appropriate submission area or 2) Upload a mp4 file
Videos should be a maximum of 3 minutes (No exceptions)